Not only is it the new year, but also our new character quality for January is orderliness. So I'm working on it! Here is a picture of my new "hand-me-down" sewing cabinet. I love it! The doors all close to help slow down Juliana's curiosity. She loves to check out all my sewing stuff. I love that everything has a place in the cabinet. I own a lot of sewing stuff and this helps me find it all quickly. Next project is to organize my sewing patterns . . . and then the school stuff . . . and then??? Stay tuned for more project pictures.
Part II - School Cupboard
The school supplies have been getting rather out of hand lately, so I set to work cleaning and organizing. Took out all the things we aren't using this year and stored them. Now we have a box for glue, crayons, etc. Another box is for all the learning games. The third is for playdough and stuff. On the bottom, one box holds all their workbooks, pencil cases, etc. The other holds coloring books, and other supplies. It is a small cupboard, but I am working to pack neatly as much as I can into it.

Oh....I LOVE it! I am looking forward to getting bigger place soon and being able to properly organize my sewing stuff. That looks like the perfect set up, and you're right - the fact that it closes to keep little hands out cannot be underestimated.
ReplyDeleteSo...just thinking...Is orderliness really a *character* quality? I mean, it's different than other character qualities (such as fruits of the Spirit, for example), in that, for one, it is demonstrated only by outward manifestation. I typically think of character qualities as being those things INSIDE of our hearts that is reflected through our actions. Sort of a condition of the heart, you could say. Orderliness is certainly a wonderful habit to learn and acquire, but maybe not a "character quality"? I dunno. Just sayin'. :)
The task of organizing is a never ending one! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you have a little extra help from a cabinet.
It was good hearing from you. Yes, it has been quite a few years! You have a beautiful family.